Some suggestions...

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:44 AM
I know nothing of coding and most likely don't belong here, but I love the idea behind this program and would like to see a few things done with it, without any changes to it's actual function.
  1. Have it install to a normal directory do "c:/program files/gist"
  2. Have the images it downloads go to a common/shared location like "c:/user/username/documents/gist images" or just use a temp folder that is destroyed when the program is closed.
  3. A way to save the image out of the program as soon as it's created rather than finding it.
  4. A fitting icon for the program.
  5. Options for output resolution.
Just some thoughts. I don't know who else to follow this application other than to watch this page so I'll be around. Let me know if any of this is possible.
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM
No worries, you've come to the right place.

Most of things you describe are kind of like "table stakes" type of thing. The original project (I'm not the original author) was designed to be run on one person's computer for a class project or something so naturally the focus was not on making it user friendly.

I'm trying to work on integrating all the user friendliness that most people are used to. If you have some enhancements or feature requests feel free to create an issue ticket and the it can be tracked.
May 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Possible additional feature if you get around to it, gist a selected directory on the local system. So if you've already made a selection of images you can kick out a gist of them. Just a thought.